Mint Chocolate Chip Smoothie (Vegan, Paleo, Whole30)
Dessert for breakfast? Yes, please! Based off of Kelly LeVeque's Fab Four Smoothie Formula, this nourishing smoothie contains all essential nutrients designed to satisfy your sweet tooth, balance your blood sugar, and keep you full for 3-4 hours. Print Recipe
Add 1.5 cups of your unsweetened liquid of choice to the blender.
Add remaining ingredients to blender, except for cacao nibs. Blend for around 20 seconds.
At 1 tbsp of cacao nibs and blend for another 10 seconds, or until desired consistency.
- Unsweetened, Dairy-free Nut Milk - When purchasing nut milk, I look for minimal ingredients. Watch out for added sugars, processed fillers, and industrial seed oils.
- Chocolate Protein Powder
- Plant-based or Vegan friends: Truvani makes a clean protein with only 6 ingredients (it's organic too).
- TIP: If you don’t have as much of a sweet tooth (like me), feel free to use half chocolate protein and half unflavored.
- Almond Butter - Similar to nut milks, I search for minimal ingredients when buying nut butters. I avoid added sugars, industrial seed oils, and fillers as much as possible.
- Flaxseed Meal - Flaxseeds are my choice in smoothies compared to chia seeds. If you’re looking for a thicker, more gelatinous texture, chia seeds would be a good choice!
- Spinach - Spinach has a very mild taste in smoothies. Feel free to any greens you veggies at hand, like kale, zucchini, or even cauliflower (if not riced, make sure to blend well!).
- Mint - I recommend starting small with a few leaves then adding. I’ve definitely overdone it on the mint (and it was not a fun experience!)
- Cacao Nibs - Add up to 1 tbsp. I like adding cacao nibs toward the end of my blend, so I get more of a crunchy texture in my smoothie.
Calories: 535kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 40g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Sodium: 319mg | Potassium: 745mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 3291IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 869mg | Iron: 5mg